Nov 2, 2011
You can find a transcript of this show here!
* (0:59) An extremely deep, philosophical, scholarly debate over the hottest chick on Star Trek.
* (13:07) Using Wheel of Time and Lord of the Rings as a jumping off point for a discussion on “upward” versus “downward” fantasy and which trope more accurately describes the average fantasy campaign. Side topics include high and low fantasy, the role of equipment, and the absurdity of most settings’ economies.
* (26:12) A reflection on the ridiculousness of ‘Mechs as viable combat machines juxtaposed against how just plain awesome they are to use in a game.
* (30:32) Dealing with “caster supremacy”. Specifically, the idea that certain types of casters are significantly more powerful than non-casting classes in D&D 3.0, D&D 3.5, and Pathfinder. Suggestions for keeping them in balance through gentleman’s rules, power reductions to casters, or power increases to non-casters.
* (59:36) The website for Fear the Con 5 is up and ready for you to create and join games! If you’re looking to split a ride or room, be sure to check the thread on our forums where people are working out those arrangements.
Hosts: Johann, John, Pat, Wayne