Jul 30, 2014
* (10:53) When a character’s description falls well below the power level described on the sheet. For example, a party of 1st level characters where one person insists they’re a...
Jul 24, 2014
With a repaired internet connection, we try again at getting John on an episode! After talking about the social difficulties of constraining group size (or removing problem players), we dig into making characters during the course of a game. Since many people are either burnt out on character creation or just...
Jul 17, 2014
When a Game Master repeatedly uses a character’s weaknesses to reduce them to uselessness. We discuss whether it’s a fair tactic or just a quick way to wreck that player’s fun.
* (1:10) Congratulating Julia on getting married.
* (2:48) A reminder about Fear the Boot’s Twitch channel.
* (4:20) Save or...
Jul 10, 2014
* (0:59) “Shnotes” and other words that annoy us.
* (3:42) Chad introduces us to Rory’s Story Cubes, and we try some RP experiments with them. We discuss the value of random words and images in helping to break creative block or get out of ruts.
* (25:59) Alternate ways of creating the same (or similar)...
Jul 3, 2014
In this episode we discuss handling a game after realizing you were wrong about an important rule or bit of setting, and correcting that mistake will alter the course of the game.
* (0:29) TsunamiCon in Wichita, KS on November 7th – 9th.
* (2:04) Mic-dropping on games. Walking away from a game, whether as a...