Oct 31, 2013
* (0:30) An update on the show length and Dan’s throat problem.
* (1:56) What to do when the players remain IC and active, but are taking the mood of a game in a direction you don’t want it to go.
* (5:01) Is this even a problem? Reasons to let it go and ways to stop it when necessary.
* (19:41) Identifying...
Oct 24, 2013
* (0:30) Making it rain for a Diabetes charity.
* (3:46) When relationships outside of a game spill over into a game. How games of Diplomacy and Succession Wars got us thinking about this.
* (10:58) Getting OOC/IC relationships back where they belong.
* (17:32) When the OOC/IC blurring is about values and not...
Oct 15, 2013
* (0:30) Welcoming back Stu and Stork from Happy Jacks RPG Podcast.
* (0:41) The dangers in lifting the veil.
* (3:24) Playing the good guys. Many players think they’re being good, even though their actions may not reflect that. The draw of shortcuts when getting to a goal.
* (6:57) The moral distance a game...
Oct 10, 2013
* (0:30) Welcoming Stu and Stork from Happy Jacks RPG Podcast.
* (2:17) Giving GMs effective feedback. Wayne gives Chad some feedback from their most recent game. Dan helps Chad with active listening.
* (5:27) Dealing with negative feedback and the impulse to get defensive.
* (8:42) The value of actively...
Oct 1, 2013
* (0:27) Welcoming Bill Cavalier, the Dungeon Bastard, here to help Fear the Boot with its gaming problems.
* (1:08) Dan’s problem: campaign pitches.
* (4:30) Wayne’s problem: bards.
* (8:29) Chad’s problem: too much story.
* (12:27) Pat’s problem: discovery.
* (15:02) Chris’ problem: detail.