Sep 11, 2014
Fair warning: There are a lot of strange things going on in this episode. It was recorded during a thunderstorm. I was losing my voice (and completely lost it thereafter, so Karla had to do the intro). And some of the jokes get rather off-color.
* (0:29) Dan’s Enterovirus, Brodeur’s Herpes, and…yeah…this doesn’t end up anywhere good.
* (12:25) The existence of so many descriptors, tests, and charts for types of players while so little effort has been spent trying to describe the types of GMs.
* (18:32) GM creation versus player input.
* (19:13) Rules versus story.
* (20:56) Adversarial versus enabling.
* (22:19) Obstructionist GMing.
* (23:45) The overly-clever GM.
* (24:51) We get Brodeur’s live reaction to seeing a picture of Shel Silverstein.
* (28:14) GMs that try to create emotional buy-in by just pushing people’s buttons. The Joker on society’s tenuous morality.
* (38:04) Dan and Wayne try to classify their GMing styles.
* (42:00) Brodeur’s model for a matching service for players and GMs.
Hosts: Brodeur, Dan, Wayne