Dec 9, 2011
* (0:29) What jim’s been up to since we last talked with him. You can find his current blog at Post World Games.
* (6:05) Pat goes for Father of the Year by taking a break from World of Warcraft to devastate his kid in a family game.
* (9:43) Giving games the right degree of substance and meaning, without making them overly poignant.
* (18:42) The role of the GM, specifically as it’s been taught (albeit unintentionally) by the legacy of D&D. First-person versus third-person roleplayers. On a side note, this episode was recorded when Penny Arcade’s series, The Conflux, was only a few strips in.
* (29:53) The “second Renaissance” of roleplaying games. Also the relationship and perception driven model preferred by many newer games.
* (41:34) The seven types of gamers.
* (51:32) The important synergy between designers and marketers that’s often missing from game development.
Hosts: Chad, Chris, Dan, Pat, Wayne
Guests: jim pinto