Sep 29, 2011
You can find a transcript of this show here!
* (0:37) Introducing Ken Hite.
* (1:39) Contrary to what I said in the episode, This Just In…From Gen Con! is still editing the show I guested on. I’ll post a link here as soon as it’s ready to go.
* (1:54) Our video game giveaway is still in progress. Be sure to get entered!
* (2:21) Wayne presents Dan with a gift from Brian. A big “Thank you!” from Dan for taking the time to send us the note and chainmail dicebag!
* (3:42) We kick off the interview by asking Ken about his rather unusual education and how it affects his work in the game industry.
* (6:51) Ken gives us his observations on the state of RPGs. He also answers some questions about the rise of story-driven games.
* (15:19) A question about how Ken got started in GURPS leads to a discussion of professionalism (or more accurately, the lack thereof) in the RPG industry.
* (23:05) Ken begins settling long-running FtB marital disputes. Chris kicks this one off with the GM screen, and then Dan asks about social mechanics. Fortunately, Chris gives this some genuine purpose by questioning whether the way a person runs games affects how they write them.
* (30:54) Dan asks Ken for some tips on running horror games.
* (41:43) Following the suggestion of Ryan Dancey, we begin The Ken Hite Three Word Game!
Hosts: Chris, Dan, John, Pat, Wayne
Guest: Kenneth Hite