Aug 24, 2011
* (0:36) John’s Bloodmoon Goblins Kickstarter is still up and running. John has also expressed his willingness to stay up and run games for people in timezones different than our own.
* (1:55) Introducing (or reintroducing) Ryan Dancey.
* (7:16) Ryan has been writing a series of columns for EN World. The links are provided at the end of the show notes.
* (7:44) Some information on the MMO he’s currently helping develop, including an explanation of what he means by a “sandbox game”, when used in the context of online play.
* (14:57) Chris harkens back to a promo item he received at the D&D Third Edition release party. This leads into some questions about the overwhelming success of the OGL, even in the face of newer editions of D&D.
* (24:50) Revisiting Ryan’s previous list of predictions. We also get a list of new predictions.
* (31:14) Some theories about the shifting demographics of gamers and their interests, using Gen Con 2011 as an anecdotal jumping-off point.
* (49:21) The lack of a WotC announcement at Gen Con raises some questions and also serves as a reminder of just how small the industry is.
Hosts: Chris, Dan, John, Pat
Guest: Ryan Dancey