Apr 28, 2011
* (0:25) Less Dan and more Pat!
* (0:57) Welcoming Chris Kluwe of the Minnesota Vikings. Discussion about his history with Guitar Hero, Rock Band, and MMOs. You can find his own band, Tripping Icarus, on their Facebook page.
* (13:34) Chris’ experience with roleplaying games. Power-gaming and over-planning characters. How tabletop gaming is affected by his career in professional sports.
* (20:10) Gamer shame and bullying (or the lack thereof) while being a successful athlete through high school, college, and professional athletics.
* (29:07) Wayne asks whether Chris has leveraged his position to meet famous people. The possibility of a future career in the tabletop or video gaming industries, and also discussion of a combination board and card game he’s working on.
* (32:23) How Chris got into wargaming. His experiences with Warhammer and Warmachine, including how he did in his first tournament. Discussion about what makes a game store successful and the sort of shop he’d like to help open someday.
* (42:44) How often a punter appears in front of the media. Chris’ checkered history with Twitter. And if you’re interested in seeing his Twitter account, you can find it here.
* (49:38) Chris’ current game picks.
Hosts: Chad, Chris, Pat, Wayne
Guest: Chris Kluwe