Aug 26, 2010
* (0:19) The role of online communities in finding, building, and sustaining an audience. If you’re interested in Dragonlance, be sure to check out the Dragonlance Nexus.
* (3:44) The value of art, entertainment, and ideas on the internet. Why free may not always be the best price. Tracy’s plan for nurturing new authors in this environment. As a side note, Wayne’s serial fiction is being released weekly on the Skies of Glass website.
* (14:34) Tracy’s experience of co-authoring with his wife. The importance of a continual feedback loop in the creative process. The struggles of writing and the joys of having written.
* (19:43) The Dragonlance movie. Watching other people take over your creative properties, and the “original bad deal” that gets you published.
* (25:17) Whether Tracy ever plans to do anything more that’s directly in the RPG market. His new book series, starting with Song of the Dragon.
* (29:20) What’s up with the dragons? That question leads into a discussion on the monomyth, cognitive dissonance, and the human penchant for narrative.
Hosts: Chad, Dan, Pat, Wayne
Guest: Tracy Hickman