Nov 29, 2012
If you need an extra dose of Fear the Boot this week, Dan was a guest on two other podcasts. First, he appeared on Saving the Game to talk about the moral dimension of folklore and re-imagining tabletop fantasy in a monotheistic paradigm. Second, he appeared on Pros & Cons to talk about the nitty gritty of hosting a convention.
As a side note, while Pros & Cons has a similar “no politics, no religion” policy to our own, Saving the Game is a Christian podcast. It’s not aggressive toward other worldviews, but consider this fair warning that it does carry an overtly religious perspective.
* (0:05) Chris demands the bonus episode disclaimer. Johann delivers!
* (1:19) The premise (and ditched titled) for the episode.
* (1:33) The problem with Chris.
* (4:10) Back to the prior topic! What Dan wants gone: the “traitor” mechanic.
* (7:33) What Johann wants gone: cursed items.
* (15:53) What Chris wants gone: a lack of time and rules lawyers.
* (26:29) What John wants gone: not being a kid, anymore.
* (29:03) Playing across the gender aisle.
* (32:58) Real-life versus your gaming life.
* (34:25) The one piece of equipment your characters always have. Plus encumbrance, belladonna, and garlic.
Hosts: Chris, Dan, Johann, John, Pat