Dec 16, 2016
* (0:47) I lied about part 2, but part 1 of my interview with Jim McClure is out!
* (2:50) XCOM 2 gets us thinking about setting the level of challenge in a tabletop roleplaying game.
* (9:59) Games that get easier versus games that get harder.
* (13:18) The kinds of challenge. Combat encounters, roleplaying, puzzles, mystery, etc.
* (20:07) Identifying the type of narrative experience the players and GM are trying to get out of the game.
* (23: 06) Why start the challenge low for veteran players? Ebbs and flows. Difficulty as a path instead of a moment.
* (33:16) Always having a way forward. Richard Pryor scared for no reason.
* (52:33) Knowing the reason for the specific challenge. Avoiding banal struggles. Bambi vs Godzilla.
Hosts: Brodeur, Chad, Dan