Oct 20, 2016
* (0:31) A big thanks to our Patreon backers.
* (1:32) NPC AI. Having non-player characters make decisions according to predetermined parameters. Our episode on quitting the field.
* (5:43) Why this isn't just "deciding".
* (6:41) The mechanical or rules-based approach.
* (7:38) The parameterized or character-based approach.
* (21:06) The psychology of fear, and the call of the void.
* (23:59) Moving away from combat and into pure roleplaying.
* (33:09) Star Trek, and the importance of NPC AI in such a deadly game. Deadly accidents.
* (40:38) Dan restates his belief that dice are the Nth player. Treating groups as a single character.
Hosts: Aisha, Chad, Dan, John